Friday, September 21, 2012

Back to Work

After returning from Paris it was back to work with a Regional Conference to present at in Tiznit, a town not too far from Agadir. 

View of the town center from the hotel...



We brought a group of fabulous students and even had a couple beach trips.



I had a major migraine but the RELO was visiting for this conference (my boss) and wanted to see this special beach that was just on the coast out of town. I couldn't pass up an opportunity for a lift to this beach so I toughed it out and I'm so glad I did.  Mirleft is a surfing destination and has dramatic cloud vistas and empty (by most comparisons) beaches.








Instead of getting one of those expensive REI wind guards for protection while beaching or camping, I'm taking another play from the Moroccan DIY handbook. They take a beach umbrella and clothespin sheets, blankets, plastic advertisement banners, whatever, and create a little beach shelter!




A fellow Moroccan conference attendee and I climbed this cliff...looking down I had one of those 'easier to get up than down' feelings, but it all worked out.










We reached the summit!


Brad, and Abdellatif, the RELO assistant who I had to document because he is ALWAYS coordinating something on the phone!


We stopped at this surfer's oasis. Great little rooms, a restaurant, and nothing but ocean as far as the eye can see...







Ahhhh....